1. The sum of the numbers of any row is 139
2. The sum of the numbers of any column is 139
3. The sum of the numbers of any diagonal is 139
And then comes the good stuff!!!
4. The sum of the numbers of the corners is 139
*** i.e. a+d+m+p = 139
5. e+i+h+l = 139, b+c+n+o = 139, c+h+i+n = 139, b+e+i+o = 139
6. The sum of any central square is 139, in other words any 2x2 square inside of the 4x4 square has a sum of 139 (yeah, I was confused too)!
7. Srinivasa Ramanujan was born on the 22nd of December in 1887... wait for it, wait for it... (Go back and check out the top row of Ramanujan's magic square)!